From Knebworth Community
- Covid-19 Medical Risk Assessment -- estimate your Covid equivalent age.
- Maybe, Covid-19 wasn't such a big deal
- New Yorkers are fleeing the Big Apple
- Some evidence that SARS-CoV2 is mutating to become less transmissible and less harmful to the host.
- The long-term solution to this infectious disease is a vaccine. In a crowded race, Moderna seems to be leading the pack: at least for the moment.
- What does it feel like to get Covid-19? (NY Times)
- How well did we do? The answer depends on how many additional people died.
- There is an explosion of scientific research on the virus. The development of nuclear weapons, nuclear power, and then the Apollo programme had the effect of persuading millions to study science at school and university. Maybe the pandemic will have a similar effect.
- Suggestion that mothers do more home schooling than fathers.
- How Coronavirus Mutates and Spreads (NY Times)
- It seems highly improbable that Sars-Cov-2 originated in a laboratory (Nature)
- Bill Gates writes about developing a Covid-19 vaccine
- University of Washington demo Covid contact tracing app now available for installation on Android systems
- He was symptom free. But the coronavirus stayed in his body for 40 days
- Coronavirus: are we underestimating how many people have had it? Sweden thinks so
- ‘Closing borders is ridiculous’: the epidemiologist behind Sweden’s controversial coronavirus strategy
- In Race for a Coronavirus Vaccine, an Oxford Group Leaps Ahead
- Covid-19 may pose a greatly increased risk of stroke, even for young victims
- Economic damage to southern Europe from the virus is likely to be high.
- UK coronavirus deaths more than double official figure, according to FT study
- Why older people are more vulnerable to Covid-19
- Productivity benefits from working home are unevenly spread
- 28,000 Missing Deaths: Tracking the True Toll of the Coronavirus Crisis (NYT)
- Evidence examined by the Scientific Advisory Group on Emergencies on Covid-19
- Care Homes are "Death Pits" in this outbreak.
- The Economist has placed most of its Covid-19 coverage outside its paywall.
- The NYT Coronavirus Briefing for 15th April
- Comparison of weekly death occurrences in England and Wales:ONS
- Tourists in India forced to write 'I am sorry' 500 times after breaching lockdown
- COVID-19 vs. the Economy: When is it Time to Reboot?
- Circumstantial evidence that infection rates in Russia are much higher than officially recognized
- China clamping down on coronavirus research, deleted pages suggest (The Guardian, 11th April)
- Apple and Google are building a coronavirus tracking system into iOS and Android
- Chicago Hospital phlebotomist: 30% of those tested have coronavirus antibody
- Anti-Parasitic Drug Halts Coronavirus Replication in Lab-Grown Cells within 48 Hours
- N. Herts re-purposes Healthy Hub to focus on novel coronavirus.
- Amazing Visualualization 1
- Amazing Visualualization 2
- An antibody test for the novel coronavirus will soon be available: article from this week's Economist magazine.
- A Doctor's Dilemma — one doctor's thoughts on the virus.
Knebworth Health and Covid-19 Resources
- Knebworth and Marymead Surgery
- Bridge Cottage Surgery (a good proportion of Knebworth residents historically registered with this practice)
- Knebworth Covid Response Team
Local Council Support
What you can do to if you want to help
National Advice and Help
- Get coronavirus support as an extremely vulnerable person
- Find a Local Helper
- Find a Mutual Aid Group
- Dept. of Health and Social Care
- NHS advice video
Where to go to get financial support
- What you need to do
- Claim for wage costs through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- HMRC Support for Business
- Support for Renters
(In alphabetical order.)
There is also a page in this wiki that picks up a filtered feed from the BBC: Latest Coronavirus News.
Technical background about the disease and its progress
- CDC (USA)
- MRC Centre for Global Infectious Disease Analysis
- Wikipedia Entry
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Pandemic
- Global Covid Tracker
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases (JHU)
- Covid Visualizer (CMU)
- Genomic epidemiology of novel coronavirus
- Our World in Data
- subreddit dedicated to more technical aspects of the disease
- St Louis Federal Reserve,
- Wikipedia (socio-economic impact).
- Please contribute to Covid-19 charities if you are able to.
Graphs (from Our World in Data)
I've put some extra graphs in a separate page.